Frequently Asked Questions
Don’t see the answer you’re looking for on this page?
Submit your question over on our Contact page.
How can I get involved?
We're looking for volunteers to help out behind the scenes! We have a number of jobs available, including working alongside the PitCrews to prepare and serve some of the world's best barbecue. Volunteers will receive a t-shirt and meal on the house. Space is limited, so sign up today!
How much is it?
Entry to Q in the Lou is free! BBQ, beer, and more will be available for purchase. You can also upgrade your experience with Q VIP Passes. More on that below.
Can I sample the BBQ?
You bet you can! Step right up to Pit Row, where our pitmasters will each be selling a barbecue dish and side of their choosing.
What is included in the Q VIP experience?
These all-inclusive passes let you select a 2.5 hour session in which you can enjoy an immersive and all-inclusive BBQ experience in the pits. Get in where the action is and you can hang out with the Sultans of Smoke and watch them work their meaty magic, plus you get all-inclusive BBQ and complimentary pitmaster-created cocktails, ice-cold Bud Select, Gnarly Head Wine and Coca-Cola products.
Are Q VIP Passes date-specific, or can they be used any of the three days?
Yes, Q VIP Passes are date-specific. We have six sessions throughout the weekend and your Q VIP Pass is specific to the date and time frame that you choose when you make your purchase. This is so we can make sure there’s enough BBQ to go around and that our Q VIPs can enjoy a comfortable and rewarding experience in the pits.
What are the social media contest guidelines?
Social media giveaways are not endorsed by Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, or Snapchat and are solely the function of Q in the Lou. The content is restricted to ages 18+ and prizes must be picked up in person at Q in the Lou, September 21 through September 23. Q in the Lou cannot be held responsible for overlooked eligible posts on social media: please inform the social media manager if your qualifying post does not receive a response. Prizes limited to one per participant.
Where do I park?
We recommend taking the Metro to any of the many convenient stops near the festival. There will also be metered parking and paid parking garages near the event, but parking could be hard to find with the final baseball homestand of the season happening just blocks away from Q in the Lou.
Will the pitmasters be selling their rubs and sauces?
Oh yeah! Don't walk out empty handed: head to our BBQ Expo area during the event, where you’ll find rubs, sauces, merchandise, and more available for purchase from all celebrity pitmasters.
How late will BBQ be served during the festival?
In true pitmaster style, we’ll keep serving barbecue until we sell out! The festival grounds close at 8:00 p.m. on Friday, 8:00 p.m. on Saturday, and 6:00 p.m. on Sunday.
We are visiting from out of town. Where should we stay?
Every year we welcome BBQ enthusiasts from across the globe, including throughout North American and Europe, to join us here to experience the pinnacle of pork and best of beef. Because you’re going to need to arrive at the Q fully rested and ready to use your munching muscles, we’ve scouted out the area’s best hotels.
- Hilton St. Louis at the Ballpark: Conveniently located just mere steps away from Q in the Lou and the last weekend homestand of the baseball season
- Cheshire Inn: Rustic, charming lodging worthy of BBQ royalty with easy access to Highway 64/40 to easily get to the Q
- St. Louis Union Station Hotel: Enjoy the history and luxury of this famous hotel, located Downtown close to the Q
- Home2 Suites by Hilton St. Louis/Forest Park: A chance to enjoy the comforts of home with the service of a top-notch hotel located by a wealth of green space, museums and the St. Louis Zoo
- Holiday Inn St. Louis - Forest Park: Not only conveniently located near I-44 and Forest Park, but also adjacent to St. Louis’ historic neighborhood, The Hill, former home of Yogi Berra, Joe Garagiola and Jack Buck
- Seven Gables Inn: This Tudor-style inn is in the heart of uptown Clayton, a highly walkable neighborhood in the financial district